Schleiz (kreis)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon

  • (de)

Origin/meaning

The arms were adopted in 1932.

The lion is taken from the arms of the Counts of Gera, to which the area historically belonged. The black cross is the cross of the Teutonic Order, which had possessions in Schleiz and Tanna. The flying fish refers to thearms of the Lords of Lobdeburg, the oldest known lords of the area.


Follow us on
   
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
 
Contact us
Support the site:

Click on the image to see how to support the site !

Literature : Ulle, 1994