Schwäbisch Hall (kreis)
|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
SCHWÄBISCH HALL (SHA)
The new arms were granted on April 25, 1974.
The new arms show in the chief the coin, taken from the arms of the city of Schwäbisch Hall. The hooks are derived from the arms of the city and former district of Crailsheim (triple-hook) and the city of Gaildorf. Gaildorf was one of the historical territories in the district. The base of the arms shows the arms of the Hohenzollern dynasty who ruled most of the district for a long time.
The previous arms were granted on November 28, 1929.
The farmer is the symbol for the agriculture, in 1929 by far the main source of income in the district. The colours are mainly derived from the colours of Württemberg.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.