|Heraldry of the World|
|Swiss heraldry portal|
Armorial de Suisse
The arms show a diveded shield with a lion and a staar. The arms are based on the arms of the medieval family Von Seen and are known as arms of the family since 1274. The lion is taken from the arms of the Counts of Kyburg, the star is the original arms of the family. The village used the arms in opposite colours already in the 18th century.In a roll of arms from 1691 the arms are shown without the lion and with a silver star.
These arms were also initially shown in the Kaffee Hag albums, issued around 1920. In later issues the above arms were used.
Variations of the arms in the Kaffee Hag albums 1914-1960
Literature : Ziegler, 1977