From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heraldry of the World
Armorial du Monde
French heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of France
Armorial de France


Département : Côte-d'Or

Arms of Selongey

Official blazon

De gueules au château de trois tours d'argent, celle du milieu crénelée de sept pièces, plus grosse et plus haute que les autres, le tout ajouré et maçonné de sable.


The origin of the arms is not known. They first appear on the ceiling of the central hall in the offices of the Préfecture of the département in 1907.

They also appear in a book from 19638 on the 300th anniversary of the Siege of the castle of Selongey in 1638. The style of the imge indicates that it dates from the mid 19th century.

The castle probably also refers to the local castle and the siege of 1638.

Follow us : Facebook.jpgInstagram.png
(when sharing images on Instagram, use #heraldryoftheworld)

Literature : Image obtained from the municipality