|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
(de) In Gold ein rotes Büffelgehörn mit Grind, zwischen den Hörnern drei (1:2) rote Kugeln.
The oldest use of a symbol for the village was a letter S, used in the 17th century on border stones. The first arms appeared in the local seal from 1820, and show three horns. The red horns are derived from the arms of the Lords of Sachsenheim, former Lords of the manor of the village. In 1939 the village adopted the horns as arms on a golden shield.
In December 1955 the council changed the arms to three balls, and the arms were formally granted on December 13, 1956. The origin of the balls is not known.
Literature : Bardua, 1987