Sint-Eloois-Winkel

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Wapens van alle landen
Armorial du Monde
Belgium.jpg
Belgian heraldry portal
Belgische wapens
Armorial de Belgique
Belgium-flag.jpg

SINT-ELOOIS-WINKEL

Province : West-Vlaanderen
Incorporated into : 1977 Ledegem

Wapen van Sint-Eloois-Winkel

Official blazon

Gedeeld, rechts in zilver een keper van keel vergezeld van 3 mereltjes zonder kop noch pooten van sabel, hetgeen is van der Gracht, links in zilver drie graskluiten van sinopel, hetgeen is van den Clichthove.

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on December 31, 1926.

The arms are a combination of the arms of the family Van den Clichthove (three green bushes), last Lords of Winkel in the 18th century. The right half shows the arms of the Barons van der Gracht, whose territory formed part of the municipality of Sint-Eloois-Winkel.

Wapen van/Blason de Sint-Eloois-Winkel

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930


Follow us : Facebook.jpgInstagram.png
(when sharing images on Instagram, use #heraldryoftheworld)

Literature : Servais, 1955