|Heraldry of the World |
|Polish heraldry portal|
Herbarz Miast Polskich
The arms were officially adopted on June 13, 2013.
The arms of the city (German name Schwerin an der Warthe) show a golden lion holding a silver key. The arms were supposedly granted between 1511 and 1525 by Albrecht von Brandenburg. The oldest seal from 1538, however, shows the lion standing on the key. Only in the 17th century the lions holds the key. The meaning of the arms is not known.
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms as shown in 1963
The arms as shown around 1970
The arms as shown in 1994