|Heraldry of the World |
Wapens van alle landen
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
Een zwart veld, met dry ([=tien] zilveren St. Jakobsschelpen, 4, 3 & 3.
The arms were granted on April 11, 1843.
The origin of the arms is not known. The shells first appear on the oldest known image of the village arms, which dates from the 16th century. It showed only 6 silver shells on a red field. In a later image, dating from 1735, two lions are used as supporters.
Later the colours of the arms changed and in 1843 the village based it's arms on a 18th century map, where the field was shown in black.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Literature : Servais, 1955