|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were officially granted on May 23, 1985.
The arms show a point symbolising the estate built in 1724 by Duchess Elisabeth Sophie Marie von Braunschweig, of which only part remains. The village developed around the estate. The bell symbolises a gift of the duchess to the church in Fürstenau, but since 1896 it is the main bell of the local church. The hasel leaves symbolise the local nature, as well as many place names referring to hasel trees. The colours are those of the State of Braunschweig, to which the area historically belonged.
Literature : Rabbow, 2003