|Heraldry of the World |
|Polish heraldry portal|
Herbarz Miast Polskich
The arms of the town (German name Silberberg) were granted around 1450 by the Dukes of Münsterberg. The double bi-coloured eagle is the arms of the Duchy Münsterberg, the base is taken from the arms of the family. The miner's tools indicate the silver mining in the area. The arms are very similar to the arms of Złoty Stok, which was also a possession of the Dukes. The difference in the family arms between the arms of Złoty Stok and Srebrna Gora is that the arms of the Count Glatz (in red two demi-circles of gold) have disappeared, as the Dukes sold the county in 1501.
Seal from around 1900
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925