|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on August 14, 1909 and are based on the old arms and seals of the city, known since the 14th century.
Stadlohn was part of the State of Münster from 1316-1802 and the bishops of Münster granted the city rights in the 14th century. Before the bishops the town was owned by the Lords of Lohn. The arms are a combination of the arms of the Von Lohn family and the head of St.Paul, patron saint of Münster and Stadlohn. Instead of the three eagles of the arms of Von Lohn, the city used three heads of St. Paul.
Seal from around 1600 (?) Source
Seal from around 1900
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.