|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on October 9, 1953.
The main part of the arms shows the lion of the State of Bamberg, as the Bishops of Bamberg held many estates in the district already in the 12th century. The lower part of the arms shows the rose, taken from the arms of the Lords of Guttenberg, who also held some estates in the district.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.