|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on March 17, 1960 and confirmed on October 24, 1972.
The arms are a combination of the diamonds of Bayern and the lion and eagle taken from the arms of the Counts of Andechs-Meranien. Until 1248 the area was ruled by the latter, and since it has been part of Bayern.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.