|Heraldry of the World |
|Polish heraldry portal|
Herbarz Miast Polskich
The history of the arms of the city is not very clear. The eagle is the eagle of Silezia, the 'hook' is the arms of the Odrowaz family. Strupina (German name Stroppen) became a city only in 1756, but was a market town long before. Several seals of the town are known, with the arms of the Odrowaz family, but also with a bull's head (from the Winiawa family) and with two more unidentified symbols. It is not known when the Odrowaz family actually ruled the town or area and why their arms were finally chosen as part of the city arms.
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Rate these arms / rate this page :
Literature : Hupp, 1920s