Sulzbach/Saar

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


SULZBACH

State : Saarland
District (Kreis) : Saarbrücken

Wappen von Sulzbach/Saar/Arms (crest) of Sulzbach/Saar
Official blazon
German In Blau ein silberner Linkswellenschrägbalken, rechts oben schräggekreuzt die silbernen goldgestielten Abzeichen des Bergbaues, Schlägel und Eisen.
English No blazon/translation known. Please click here to send your (heraldic !) blazon or translation

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on July 18, 1939 and were re-granted on August 18, 1946 when the town became a city.

There are no historical arms or seals of the city, so the arms were newly devised in 1939. The arms show the canting brook (Bach) and the symbols of mining. Mining has been of importance in the area since 1462. The colours are the colours of Nassau-Saarbrücken, to which the village belonged since 1555.

Wappen von Sulzbach/Saar

Municipal stationery, 1960s

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.



This page is part of the
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal

Mecklenv1.jpg

German heraldry:

Leverku2.jpg

Selected collector's items from Germany:


Support the site:

Contact us:

Our partners:



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink