|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
(de) Geviert von Blau und Silber; 1 und 4 drei, zwei zu eins gestellte goldene Kronen, 2 und 3 über blauen Wellen zwei grüne Seeblätter mit verschlungenen Stielen.
The arms were officially granted on October 19, 1886.
The arms are based on an image of the arms of the Tegernsee Abbey from 1565. The image showed the water lily leaves in a red field, which was later in the 19th century changed to the more correct silver field.
The area historically belonged to the large and powerful Tegernsee Abbey, which possessions became part of Bayern in 1803. The water lily a s a symbol for the abbey appeared on the seals of the abbey already in 1395. The shield was quartered with the crowns in 1426. The water lily symbolises the Tegernsee Lake. The three crowns can symbolise either the two founders of the abbey in the 8th century (Adalbert and Oatkar) and the local patron saint, St. Quirinus. They can also symbolise the Holy Trinity.
Ermergency money from 1921
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms in the Deutsches Wappenmuseum