Terborg: Difference between revisions

Jump to navigation Jump to search
448 bytes added ,  10:36, 20 August 2023
m
Text replacement - "|Wapen van {{PAGENAME}}]]" to "|Wapen van {{PAGENAME}}/Coat of arms (crest) of {{PAGENAME}}]]"
m (Text replacement - "|Wapen van {{PAGENAME}}]]" to "|Wapen van {{PAGENAME}}/Coat of arms (crest) of {{PAGENAME}}]]")
 
(12 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
{{nl}}
 
 
   
   
'''TERBORG'''
'''TERBORG'''
Line 11: Line 10:
'''"In blauw St.Joris te paard, de draak doorstekende, alles van goud."'''
'''"In blauw St.Joris te paard, de draak doorstekende, alles van goud."'''


[[FIle:terborg.jpg|center]]
[[FIle:terborg.jpg|center|Wapen van {{PAGENAME}}/Coat of arms (crest) of {{PAGENAME}}]]
 
====Oorsprong/verklaring====


===Oorsprong/verklaring===
Al bij de oudste vermelding van Terborg, in 1370, wordt er melding gemaakt van een St.Joris kapel, later kerk. Op de naamdag van St.Joris (23 juli) 1419 werden aan Terborg stadsrechten verleend. Als stadszegel werd dan ook de heilige, de draak doorstekend, gekozen. Later is nog een groter zegel gebruikt, eveneens met
Al bij de oudste vermelding van Terborg, in 1370, wordt er melding gemaakt van een St.Joris kapel, later kerk. Op de naamdag van St.Joris (23 juli) 1419 werden aan Terborg stadsrechten verleend. Als stadszegel werd dan ook de heilige, de draak doorstekend, gekozen. Later is nog een groter zegel gebruikt, eveneens met
dezelfde afbeelding. Het stempel met het wapen van de gemeente is nog tot 1853 door de gemeente Wisch gebruikt .
dezelfde afbeelding. Het stempel met het wapen van de gemeente is nog tot 1853 door de gemeente Wisch gebruikt .


Van den Bergh noemt een 18e eeuws(?) zegel met het wapen.
Van den Berg: noemt een 18e eeuws(?) zegel met het wapen:
[[FIle:terborgz1.jpg|center|Zegel van {{PAGENAME}}]]


{|align="center"
|align="center"|[[File:{{PAGENAME}}6.jpg|center|350 px|Wapen van {{PAGENAME}}/Coat of arms (crest) of {{PAGENAME}}]] <br/>Het wapen in het dorp ([http://www.gevelstenen.net/kerninventarisatie/images/Terborg/Hoofdstr091.jpg bron])
|}
'''*English'''
Terborg was first mentioned in 1370 and on July 23, 1419 Terborg was granted city rights. This day was the day of St. George, the patron saint of the city. The arms thus show the patron saint, killing the dragon.<br/>
Terborg was first mentioned in 1370 and on July 23, 1419 Terborg was granted city rights. This day was the day of St. George, the patron saint of the city. The arms thus show the patron saint, killing the dragon.<br/>
The arms are based on the oldest known seal of the city, known from the 18<sup>th</sup> century. The seal was used until 1853, even though Terborg municipality had been incorporated into Wisch in 1818.
The arms are based on the oldest known seal of the city, known from the 18<sup>th</sup> century. The seal was used until 1853, even though Terborg municipality had been incorporated into Wisch in 1818.


[[Civic Heraldry Literature - Netherlands (Heraldische literatuur - Nederland)|'''Literatuur''']]:  Van den Bergh, 1878; Wartena, 1984
{{nl}}
{{media}}
{{media}}
[[Litwap|Literatuur]] :  Van den Bergh, 1878; Wartena, 1984


[[Category:Nederlandse gemeentewapens T]]
[[Category:Nederlandse gemeentewapens T]]
[[Category:Gelderland]]
[[Category:Gelderland]]
[[Category:Granted 1816]]
[[Category:Granted 1816]]
approved, Bureaucrats, Interface administrators, Members who can see the literature depository, Administrators, uploader
3,705,719

edits

Navigation menu