|Heraldry of the World |
|Polish heraldry portal|
Herbarz Miast Polskich
The arms were officially adopted on July 31, 2003.
Terespol was founded in 1757 and was named after the daughter (Teresa-town) of the founder Jan Boguslaw Sluszki. The arms are those of the Sluszki family.
Previous arms show a foxon a mountain and date from the same year. The meaning , however, is not known.
The arms as shown in the 1990s