The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders (Princess Louise's), British Army
|Heraldry of the World |
|British heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of the United Kingdom
THE ARGYLL AND SUTHERLAND HIGHLANDERS (PRINCESS LOUISE'S), BRITISH ARMY
History: Raised in 1794 as the 98th Argyllshire Highlanders (91st Foot in 1809) and in 1799 as the 93rd Highlanders. In 1881 these two Regiments become the 1st and 2nd Battalions of Princess Louise's (Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders).
Regimental Headquarters: The Castle, Stirling.
A circel inscribed "Argyll and Sutherland"; within the circle the letter "L", chypher of H.R.H. the late Princess Louise, interlaced and reversed; within the circle and on the left of the cypher, the boar's head, and to the right of the cypher the cat; above the cypher and resting in top part of the circle, the Princess's coronet; the whole within a wreath of thistles. In silver plate.
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Literature: Image from Regimental Badges by T.J. Edwards