|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The village never really used proper arms. In 1489 a council was first mentioned, but the council of Cannstatt signed for the village. In the 17th century the village used the letters VLB on border stones. When in 1650 a stained glass window was made for the village hall, these letters were placed in a shield in the colours of Württemberg. Later seals all used either the three letters or the arms of the state of Württemberg.
Literature : Bardua, 1973. [[Category:Stuttgart]