|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
(de) In Blau ein silbernes Gemarkungszeichen in Form eines Patriarchenkreuzes, dessen unterer Querarm beidseits hufeisenförmig herabgebogen ist.
The arms were probably granted between 1839 and 1841, but no exact date is known.
The arms show the old village symbol, which was used on border stones and the local seals since at least 1617. The seals of the council previously showed a shield with an eagle above a wall. In 1739 the council acquired a new seal, which showed three diamond-shaped stones, each under a small star, and in the base some waves. The meaning of these symbols is not known. In 1839 the council applied for the use of the old arms with the village symbol.
Literature : Debus, 1988