|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
In Blau zwei schräggekreuzte goldene Pfeile.
The arms were officially granted in 1967.
Uttenweiler became a town (Markt) in 1415 and probably became a city not much later, during the reign of the Lords of Stein (1382-1693). The oldest image of the arms dates from 1494 on the local seal. Ever since the seals and the arms of Uttenweiler have shown the two crossed arrows. The origin of the arrows is not known.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.