From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 05:53, 3 September 2023 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "{{be}}↵'''" to "'''")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Province : Liège
Incorporated into : 1977 Lontzen

Armoiries de Walhorn

Official blazon

D'argent au lion de gueules à la queue fourchue, armé et lampassé d'or - au Saint-Etienne auréolé issant de derrière l'écu, les bras aux mais ouvertes étendus en fasce, accompagné à dextre d'un livre entr'ouvert et à senestre de pierres, le tout d'or.


The arms were granted on January 29, 1953.

The arms show the (uncrowned) lion of Limburg, as the village historically belonged to the Duchy of Limburg. The arms are derived from the 16th century seal of the village, which showed the arms of Limburg, with St. Steven, the local patron saint, as supporter. The lion of Limburg usually is crowned, but it appears uncrowned on the seal, and thus also uncrowned in the arms of the village.

Literature: Servais, 1955

Belgium heraldry portal

This page is part of the
Belgium heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:

  • Total pages in the Belgium section : 5,985
  • of which images : 4,784

Other heraldry:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site