Walsdorf (Idstein): Difference between revisions

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Text replacement - "{{media}}" to " {{de1}} {{media1}}")
m (Text replacement - "{{de}}" to "")
Line 1: Line 1:
{{de}}
 


'''WALSDORF'''
'''WALSDORF'''

Revision as of 05:49, 27 December 2022


WALSDORF

State : Hessen
District (Kreis) : Rheingau-Taunus Kreis (until 1977 Untertaunuskreis)
Incorporated into : 1972 Idstein

Wappen von Walsdorf (Idstein)/Arms (crest) of Walsdorf (Idstein)
Official blazon
German
English (Idstein) No blazon/translation known. Please click here to send your (heraldic !) blazon or translation

Origin/meaning

Walsdorf received city rights in 1358 and was named Walstadt until the 16th century. The oldest seal dates from 1538 and already shows a tower with the lion of the Counts of Nassau. The village historically belonged to the County Nassau. All later seals show the tower, but the lion was removed in the 19th century. In the early 20th century the lion was restored.

Wappen von Walsdorf (Idstein)

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.


Template:De1 Template:Media1