|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
(de) In Silber drei bewurzelte grüne Tannen mit braunen Stämmen, zwischen ihnen schwebend ein blauer Fisch.
The arms were granted on November 22, 1951.
Historically the arms of Waltershausen showed only a fish, most likely a symbol for Christianity. The oldest seal, dating from 1330 already showed a fish, holding a ring in its beak. In the 16th century the fish was placed in a Gothic fence, which later was replaced by the three pine trees. Hupp showed in the 1920s the arms in slightly different composition, with the middle tree in front of the fish:
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Emergency money 1920s