Weissenfels (kreis)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon

  • (de)

Origin/meaning

The first (left) arms of the district were granted in 1992 and show the blue bend representing the river Saale, combined with the Prussian eagle. Weissenfels originally was part of Saxony, but was transferred to Prussia in 1816.

The new arms were granted on October 14, 1994 and are a combination of the old arms of Weissenfels and Hohenmölsen.


Follow us on
 

 
Contact us
Support the site:

Click on the image to see how to support the site !

Literature : Papendieck, H. : Die Wappen der Landkreise und kreisfreien Städte des Landes Sachsen-Anhalt. Landesarchiv Magdeburg, 1996.