|Heraldry of the World|
|South Africa heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of South Africa
Including : West Coast Regional Services Council, renamed to West Coast District Council, now West Coast District Municipality
Province : Western Cape
- Wapen: Verhoogd tweeling kepersgewys deursnede, blou en silwer, in die skildvoet 'n regopgeplaaste rooi kreef en in die skildhoof 'n silwer blomkelk van 'n vetplant, goud geknop, gestingel en geblaar; die skild oortop met 'n muurkroon met drie uitkomende torings, alles silwer.
- Skildhouers: Twee swartrugmeeue van natuurlike kleur.
- Wapenspreuk: CONCORDIA RES CRESCUNT
- Arms: Per chevron coupled enhanced, Azure and Argent, in base a lobster erect Gules and in chief the blossom of a succulent Argent, seeded, slipped and leaved Or; the shield ensigned of a mural crown with three towers issuant, Argent.
- Supporters: Two kelp gulls proper.
- Motto: CONCORDIA RES CRESCUNT
The arms were officially granted on February 21, 1992 (RSC), again on March 14, 1997 (DC) and on April 3, 2003 (DM).
The sea around the district, which is located north of Cape Town, is one of South Africa's richest crayfish beds, which is symbolised by the crayfish. The hinterland is rich in succulent plants symbolised by the flower.
The Supporters are black-backed seagulls.