Jump to navigation Jump to search
Country : Belgium
Split from :
The first arms were granted on April 30, 1839 and completely revised on May 2, 1914
The two villages of Wetmalle and Zoersel formed an Estate until 1793, and a municipality until 1839, when the old municipality was split in Westmalle and Zoersel. The first arms from 1839 are identical to the arms of Westmalle-Zoersel. The estate was since 1738 a possession of the Powis family, and the red lion on a golden field was the arms of the Powis family.
The new arms are the arms of the Cottereau family, Lords of Westmalle and Zoersel from 1531-1702.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
The arms on a Roulertas Confiserie label
Literature: Servais, 1955
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal/ Belgische overheidswapens/ Armorial de Belgique
Support the site: