|Heraldry of the World |
Wapens van alle landen
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
- (1911) In blauw een zilveren berg.
- (1981) In lazuur een berg van goud.
The arms were officially granted on June 12, 1911 and again on October 29, 1981.
The arms show a golden mountain, canting for the Guldenberg Abbey, which owned the village from 1754 until the end of the 18th century. The arms also appear on the seals of the village from 1772 and 1779.
In 1911 the arms were incorrectly granted with a silver field (see below), which was corrected in 1981.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
The arms on a police badge (source)
Literature : Servais, 1955