|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on October 11, 1935.
The arms are a combination of the arms of the territories to which parts of the district belonged. The first quarter shows the wheel of the State of Osnabrück, to which the city of Wiedenbrück belonged until 1802. The second quarter shows the arms of Rheda. Rheda was a possession of the Counts of Bentheim since 1364. The eagle is the arms of Arnsberg, as the area around Rietberg was part of the County Arnsberg until 1237. The colours are changed according to the later arms of the Counts of Rietberg, which were descended from the Counts of Arnsberg.
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Support the site:
Click on the image to support the site !
|Support the site:|
Download shop with old heraldic books
Literature : Stadler, K., 1964-1971.