|Heraldry of the World |
Heraldiek van de wereld
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
The arms were officially granted on May 26, 1987.
The arms are those of the Haverskerque family, who owned both estates of Wingene from 1607-1687 and Zwevezele from 1634-1784. No other family has owned both estates.
Both Wingene and Zwevezele used seals with the arms of the Lords at the time, but did not have their own symbol or arms.
The previous arms were granted on October 15, 1823 and again on August 12, 1838.
These arms show a wood-snipe. The meaning or origin thereof are not known.
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Servais, 1955