Woldegk: Difference between revisions

Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
Text replacement - "↵↵'''" to "'''"
m (Text replacement - ".jpg|center]] ====Official blazon====" to ".jpg|center|Wappen von {{PAGENAME}}]] ====Official blazon====")
m (Text replacement - "↵↵'''" to "'''")
Tags: Mobile edit Mobile web edit
 
(22 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
{{de}}<seo title="Wappen von Woldegk" titlemode="append"></seo>
<seo title="Wappen von Woldegk" titlemode="append"></seo>'''WOLDEGK'''  
 
'''WOLDEGK'''  


State : [[Mecklenburg-Vorpommern]]<br/>
State : [[Mecklenburg-Vorpommern]]<br/>
District (Kreis) : [[Mecklenburgische Seenplatte]] (until 2010 [[Mecklenburg-Strelitz (kreis)|Mecklenburg-Strelitz]])<br/>
District (Kreis) : [[Mecklenburgische Seenplatte]] (until 2010 [[Mecklenburg-Strelitz (kreis)|Mecklenburg-Strelitz]])<br/>
Additions : 1999  Bredenfelde, Grauenhagen, Hinrichshagen, Rehberg; 2002  G&ouml;hren; 2014 Helpt  
Additions : 1999  Bredenfelde, Grauenhagen, Hinrichshagen, Rehberg; 2002  Göhren; 2014 Helpt  


[[File:woldegk.jpg|center|Wappen von {{PAGENAME}}]]
[[File:woldegk.jpg|center|alt=Wappen von {{PAGENAME}}/Arms (crest) of {{PAGENAME}}]]


====Official blazon====
{| class="wikitable"
|+Official blazon
|-
|'''German'''
| blazon wanted
|-
|'''English'''
| blazon wanted
|}


====Origin/meaning====
===Origin/meaning===
The arms show the eagle of Brandenburg and two canting oak branches. The name is derived from Waldeck or Waldeich, either wood-corner or wood-oak. Woldegk was founded around 1250 as a village and castle by the Margraves of Brandenburg to protect their lands. In 1298 it was mentioned as a city. In 1300 the city became a part of Mecklenburg. The  arms are based on the oldest seal of the city, which dates from 1307, see image below. It already shows the same composition as the present arms. Although the size and shapes of the different elements have changed regularly during the centuries, the basic composition remained the same. The eagle of Brandenburg was retained during the centuries, even though the city has been part of Mecklenburg for over 700 years.  
The arms show the eagle of Brandenburg and two canting oak branches. The name is derived from Waldeck or Waldeich, either wood-corner or wood-oak. Woldegk was founded around 1250 as a village and castle by the Margraves of Brandenburg to protect their lands. In 1298 it was mentioned as a city. In 1300 the city became a part of Mecklenburg. The  arms are based on the oldest seal of the city, which dates from 1307, see image below. It already shows the same composition as the present arms. Although the size and shapes of the different elements have changed regularly during the centuries, the basic composition remained the same. The eagle of Brandenburg was retained during the centuries, even though the city has been part of Mecklenburg for over 700 years.  


{|align="center"
{|align="center"
|align="center"|[[File:woldegkz2.jpg|center]] <br/>Seal of Woldegk from an image from 1559
|align="center"|[[File:woldegkz2.jpg|center|Wappen von {{PAGENAME}}/Coat of arms (crest) of {{PAGENAME}}]] <br/>Seal of Woldegk from an image from 1559
|align="center"|[[File:woldegkz1.jpg|center]] <br/>Seal from around 1900
|align="center"|[[File:woldegkz1.jpg|center|Seal of {{PAGENAME}}]] <br/>Seal from around 1900
|align="center"|[[File:woldegk.hagd.jpg|center]]  <br/>The arms by [[Otto Hupp|Hupp]] in the [[Kaffee Hag albums]] +/- 1925  
|align="center"|[[File:woldegk.hagd.jpg|center|Wappen von {{PAGENAME}}/Coat of arms (crest) of {{PAGENAME}}]]  <br/>The arms by [[Otto Hupp|Hupp]] in the [[Kaffee Hag albums]] +/- 1925
|}
|}


{{de}}
{{media}}
{{media}}


[[Literature]] : Bensing et al., 1984; Hupp, 1920s; Schütt, 2002.  
[[Civic Heraldry Literature - Germany|'''Literature''']]: Bensing et al., 1984; Hupp, 1920s; Schütt, 2002.  


[[Category:German Municipalities W]]
[[Category:German Municipalities W]]
approved, Bureaucrats, Interface administrators, Members who can see the literature depository, Administrators, uploader
3,705,082

edits

Navigation menu