|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on 1967.
The arms are a combination of the lion of the Counts of Andechs-Wolfratshausen-Meranien and the diamonds of Bayern. The first ruled the area until 1248 when it became a possession of the Dukes of Bayern, from the Wittelsbach dynasty.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.