|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were officially granted on December 20, 1952.
The clover leaf in the upper part is a canting symbol, the name can be derived from Wald-wiese, of forest-meadow. The leaf refers to the meadow part of the name. The base shows a bronze cross dating from the 9th century, which was excavated near the village. It symbolises the long inhabitation of the area.
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Rabbow, 1977