|Heraldry of the World |
Wapens van alle landen
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
The arms were officially granted on February 1, 1937.
These arms are those of the Barons of Lalaing, who acquired the estate of Zandbergen in 1554. The arms show the Lalaing arms from the late 18th century, as those were used on the local village seal of the time.
The previous arms were granted on August 4, 1818.
These arms show a lion on a fretted shield. The meaning thereof is not known.
Literature : Servais, 1955