|Heraldry of the World |
|Polish heraldry portal|
Herbarz Miast Polskich
The arms were designed and granted in 1994.
The arms show the letters A and S for Stanislaw Ankwicz who granted the royal privileges in 1768.
Before 1994 the town used different arms. First only with the letter W, later with the W and a cogwheel.
The white "W" is the ancestral arm of the family Ankwicz (founders of the town). The wheel is the symbol of industrial character of the town.
The old arms
The arms until 1994
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !