Annweiler am Trifels
|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
ANNWEILER AM TRIFELS
The arms were granted on October 5, 1950.
The oldest seal of the city is known since 1230 and shows a combination of the Trifels castle and the local church. The above arms are based on this seal and shown in arbitrarily chosen colours.
Already since the 13th century the city also used a smaller seal with the Imperial Eagle.
The seal from 1230
The seal from 1349
During the 18th and early 19th century the Imperial Eagle was also used as the arms of the city, see image below.
On June 16, 1841 the city was granted arms with the eagle, but in the colours of Bayern, silver and blue. These arms remained in use until 1950.
The 'old' arms by Tyroff (1835)
The 'new' arms by Tyroff (1835)
The arms until 1841
The arms from 1841-1950
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Debus, 1988