|Heraldry of the World |
Heraldiek van de wereld
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
The arms were granted by royal decree on October 20, 1819 and again on August 18, 1841.
The arms are derived from the oldest known seal of the town, known from the late 17th century. The cross is derived from the arms of the Lords of Avelgem, who ruled the village until 1378.
The arms in the Koffie Hag albums +/- 1930
The arms on a police badge (source)
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Servais, M. : Armorial des provinces et des communes de Belgique. Liege, 1955, 1041 p