|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
BAD AROLSEN (until 1997 Arolsen)
State : Hessen
District (Kreis) : Waldeck-Frankenberg (until 1976 Waldeck)
Additions : 1974 Braunsen, Bühle, Helsen, Kohlgrund, Landau, Massenhausen, Mengeringhausen, Neu-Berich, Schmillinghausen, Volkhardinghausen, Wetterburg
The arms are a combination of an oak-tree as a symbol of the woods and the clean air, and an escutcheon showing the star of Waldeck an the initial of the town.
The town was founded in 1719 and became the seat of the Princes of Waldeck in 1728. The original arms, used from the 18th century until 1938 showed the star and initial under so-called God's-eye, a triangle surrounded by solar-rays (see bad-krozBad Krozingen]]). The colours were not well defined, which can be seen from the different images below. The God's eye was probably a religious or freemason symbol and not acceptable in the 1930s. In 1938 it was therefore replaced by an oak tree to form the present arms. The tree stands for the woods in the area and the fact that the city is a spa, based on clean air and water.
The arms around 1900
Seal from around 1900
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms by Rühl (1939)
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Heraldry of the World is a private site,
all paid for by 1 person and
maintained by 3 persons as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please, support the site:
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes. Rühl, 1939.