Bad Radkersburg

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Wappen der Welt
Austria.jpg
Austrian heraldry portal
Österreichische Wappen
Austria-flag.gif

BAD RADKERSBURG

State : Steiermark
District : Südoststeiermark (until 2015 Bad Radkersburg)
Additions : 2015 Radkersburg Umgebung

Wappen von Bad Radkersburg/Arms of Bad Radkersburg

Official blazon

Ein achtspeichiges goldenes Rad in rotem Schild.

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on October 11, 1993 and again on October 1, 2015.

Radkersburg was founded in the middle ages as a border town, for trade and as a fortification. It has received city rights in the late 13th century.

The arms are canting. Radkersburg appears to be called after a medieval nobleman, but this is disputed among historians. For centuries, the city has used a seal showing a wheel (Rad).

Literature: Image provided by Karl Palfrader (k.palfrader@aon.at), background by H. Hayn (hermann.hayn@yline.com) ; Bartsch (1567)


Heraldry of the World is a private site and maintained as a hobby, which takes a lot of time and effort (and costs).
If you like this initiative, please support the site:


Please visit our partners (click on image):


© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink ]