Beringen (Limburg)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Heraldiek van de wereld
Armorial du Monde
Belgium.jpg
Belgian heraldry portal
Belgische wapens
Armorial de Belgique
Belgium-flag.jpg

BERINGEN

Province : Limburg
Additions : 1976 Beverlo, Koersel, Paal

Wapen van Beringen (Limburg) / Arms of Beringen (Limburg)

Official blazon

  • (1981) Gedeeld 1. gedwarsbalkt van tien stukken van goud en van keel, 2. in zilver een rechtopstaande beer van natuurlijke kleur met een neusring van sabel.

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on May 30, 1853 and again on February 11, 1981.

The arms show the barred shield of the Counts of Loon, and a canting bear (Beer). The oldest, 14th century, seals show a bear chained to a pole and a small shield of Loon. Later seals showed arms with a bear and a free quarter with the Loon arms. The present arms appear in the 17th century.

Wapen van/Blason de Beringen (Limburg)

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Wapen van/Blason de Beringen (Limburg)

The arms on a police badge (source)

Follow us on
Facebook.jpg Instagram.png
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
Mail.png
Contact us
Heraldry of the World is a private site and maintained as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please support the site:

Donate.jpg




Ebay.png
eBay shop
Payhip.jpg
Download shop

Literature : Servais, 1955