|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
State : Nordrhein-Westfalen
District (Kreis) : Gütersloh (until 1972 Halle)
Additions : 1969 Amt Borgholzhausen, Barnhausen, Berghausen, Casum, Cleve, Hamlingdorf, Holtfeld, Kleekamp, Oldendorf, Ostbarthausen, Westbarthausen, Wichlinghausen
The arms were granted on January 14, 1970.
The arms are identical to the arms granted in 1938 to the former Amt Borgholzhausen. The chevrons are taken from the arms of the counts of Ravensberg, who had one of their castles close to the city. The wall symbolises the city itself. The chevrons were also used in the oldest known arms of the city, dating from the 18th century.
Previously the city used arms with the same elements, granted on August 28, 1928, see below.
Hupp showed the arms in the 1920s with only the chevrons of Ravensberg:
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !