|Heraldry of the World |
|Slovak heraldry portal|
Heraldika na Slovensku
Province : Bratislava
The arms were already used in the first half of the 13th century on the seals of the city. The arms are typical city arms from these times. The colours are known since 1436 and haven't changed since. On July 8 and 9, 1436 the city received its arms. The city especially demanded a copy of the document in case of damage or fire, but they both still survive.
The arms on the document from 1436.
The arms in the late 15th century
The arms in the Wappen-Sammlung (+/- 1910)
The arms in the Coffee Hag albums +/- 1930
The arms in the town (image by François Velde)
|Follow us on||
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
|Rate these arms / rate this page :
(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)
Literature : Kartous et al, 1991; Slowakei - Spaziergänge durch die Jahrhunderte der Städte und Städchen. Piroda, Bratislava, 1994 (German version, ISBN 80-07-00531-5); Kartous and Vrteľ , 2000; Novákov, 2006