|Heraldry of the World |
|Polish heraldry portal|
Herbarz Miast Polskich
The arms were officially adopted on December 21, 1978 and changed on October 26, 2012.
The arms of the city show three anchors combined to a kind of wheel. Originally the arms showed three wolf-hooks or wolf-clamps according to a manuscript from 1374. 14th century images of the arms also seem to indicate that this may be true. Since the early 15th century the arms are described as three anchors, whereas the present symbol appears in the 16th century. The arms have not changed since.
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms in the Wappen-Sammlung (+/- 1910)
The arms in the Continentale Verlags-Anstalt album, +/- 1910
The arms in the Abadie albums
The arms as shown in 1963
The arms from 1978-2012
Rate these arms / rate this page :
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Literature : Plenako and Wanag, 1994