|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
Cloppenburg received city rights in 1435 from Heinrich II of Moers, Bishop of Münster. The arms were granted at the same time and show the arms of the Counts of Moers at the time, with St. Paul as the patron saint of Münster. Originally the saint was kneeling, but later he is shown as present. As a crest St. Paul was used. This crest is now rarely used. The original black colour of the bar was changed to red in 1935, as it was the colour of Münster.
Seal from around 1900
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925 in two different colours
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.