|Heraldry of the World |
|Polish heraldry portal|
Herbarz Miast Polskich
The arms of the city were created in 1896 and show a red castle and a small divided shield with a lion and bars. The red castle is canting (the German name, Rothenburg an der Oder, means red castle on the Oder), the small shield is taken from the medieval Lords of Rothenburg, who owned the Nettkow estate. The village Neu-Nettkow was renamed Rothenburg in 1908 when it received city rights.
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms in 1964
The arms in 1994
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Plenako and Wanag, 1994