|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
- (de) Unter goldenem Schildhaupt, darin eine liegende schwarze Hirschstange, geteilt von Silber und Rot.
The arms were officially granted in 1938, but have been in use for several centuries.
Ebingen received city rights around 1250 from the Counts of Hohenberg. In 1367 it became a possession of Württemberg. The oldest seal, dating from around 1300, shows the arms of the Hohenberg family. Later seals and other images until 1605 only show these arms (divided horizontally, silver and red), see also Horb am Neckar. In the 16th century the deer antler of Württemberg was added in the upper part of the arms.
The arms in the Chorographia Württemberg (Wolleber, 1591)
The arms in a 16th century manuscript
The arms on an 1877 poster
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms shown in an album from 1952
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971