|Heraldry of the World|
|Luxembourg heraldry portal|
Héraldique de Luxembourg
The arms were granted on November 10, 1818 by the Dutch College of Arms (Luxembourg was ruled by the King of the Netherlands as Grand-Duke of Luxembourg at the time) and confirmed on December 31, 1838 by the Belgian King.
The arms have not officially been granted by the Luxembourg government.
The eagle has been used on the seals of the city since Medieval times. The origin of the eagle, however, is not known.
The arms in the Coffee Hag albums +/- 1930
The arms on a local manhole cover (August 2013)
The arms on a Dutch Willem II cigar band
The arms on a monument in Luxembourg city (2010)
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.