|Heraldry of the World |
Araldica del Mondo
|Italian heraldry portal|
Scudo ovato d’argento, al giglio aperto e bottonato di rosso.
The arms were officially granted on July 25, 1929.
The arms of Florence show a fleur-de-lis, or Florentine lily. Until 1251 the coat of arm of Florence was a white lily on a red field. But that year the Guelph party drove the Ghibellins out of the city and they inverted the colours of the coat of arm: red lily on a white shield. The lily refers to the flower of iris that grew naturally on the city walls and on the hills around Florence.
The arms in the late 15th century
The arms in a manuscript from 1550
The arms in a 16th century manuscript
The arms in a 17th century manuscript
The arms as granted by Napoleon
The arms in the Brioschi albums 1930s
The arms on a Fassi trade card
The arms in the Abadie albums
The arms in the Continentale Verlags-Anstalt album, +/- 1910
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Support the site:
Click on the image to support the site !
|Support the site:|
Download shop with old heraldic books