|Heraldry of the World |
|Polish heraldry portal|
Herbarz Miast Polskich
The lion appeared first in the seal of the city dating from 1615. All later seals and images also showed the lion as the arms of the city. The origin of the lion, however, is not known.
Before 1615 the seals showed a completely different picture, namely a cross made of garbs and in each quarter a local flower (Saltstuhl, Stella plicatilis).
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms as shown around 1970
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !